Welcome to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) website! The IRB is a committee that reviews all research that involves human subjects. Its primary purpose is to ensure that human research subjects are protected. Through IRB review, the IRB assists human subjects researchers in developing the best possible methodologies to ensure the best possible research outcomes.
|The IRB has gone completely electronic!|
Go to Application Materials to download the new IRB Application form
Within this website you will find:
- answers to frequently asked questions regarding the IRB and Human Subjects Protection
- applications, instructions and sample documents
- the criteria and procedures by which proposals are reviewed
- information regarding training and certification in Human Subjects Protection
- a historic overview and rationale for the IRB
- information on federal and internal policies and procedures governing Human Subjects Protection and the IRB
Please do not hesitate to contact the IRB if you cannot find what you are looking for on this site or you have questions or concerns! Human Subjects Protection is a shared responsibility and the IRB is happy to assist in this process!
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviews Exempt and Expedited applications over the summer. Please note that response time will be longer because committee members are not on campus on a regular basis. Applications for Full review may be submitted but will not be reviewed until meetings begin in Fall 2012.