|Undergrad Catalog StKate.edu|
Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC)
As part of the ACTC, St. Catherine's offers its students in the baccalaureate day program the possibility of registering for courses at Augsburg College, Hamline University, Macalester College and the University of St. Thomas. St. Catherine's students may cross-register through the ACTC subject to the following guidelines:
- Only full-time undergraduate day students registered for at least eight semester credits at their home institution are eligible to register for exchange courses.
- Only one course per semester may be taken on an exchange basis. Additional exchange courses are permitted as exceptions when required by major field scheduling.
- Students may not cross-register for a course that is offered on their own campus.
- Liberal arts core requirements are to be taken at St. Catherine's with the provision that one such liberal arts course may be taken at each of the other institutions. Exempted are foreign language sequences not offered at St. Catherine's, which may be completed in their entirety at the same ACTC school.
- For ACTC exchange courses in the major and minor, students must gain written approval of their home campus department chair.
- If a student does not register for a desired ACTC course during the normal registration period, she may not add the course until the first day of class, when she must secure the instructor's signature on the ACTC cross-registration form.
Courses available through the Associated Colleges are listed on each institution's website. Links to the ACTC institutions' websites are included on St. Catherine's website. The ACTC exchange operates only during the fall and winter semesters and not during January or the summer.
A list of the major fields of study available to St. Catherine University baccalaureate day program students is found in the Degree and Graduation Requirements section of this catalog.