2001-2003 Academic Catalog
2003-2005 Academic Catalog
The Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC)
As part of the ACTC, St. Catherine's offers its students in the baccalaureate Day Program the possibility of registering for courses at Augsburg College, Hamline University, Macalester College and the University of St. Thomas. St. Catherine's students may cross-register through the ACTC subject to the following guidelines:
Courses available through the Associated Colleges are listed on each institution's Web site. Links to the ACTC institutions' Web sites are included on St. Catherine's Web site. The ACTC exchange operates only during the fall and winter semesters and not during January or the summer.
- Only full-time undergraduate Day students registered for at least 12 semester credits at their home institution are eligible to register for exchange courses.
- Only one course per semester may be taken on an exchange basis. Additional exchange courses are permitted as exceptions when required by major field scheduling.
- Students may not cross-register for a course that is offered on their own campus.
- Liberal arts core requirements are to be taken at St. Catherine's with the provision that one such liberal arts course may be taken at each of the other colleges. Exempted are foreign language sequences not offered at St. Catherine's, which may be completed in their entirety at the same ACTC school.
- For ACTC exchange courses in the major and minor, students must gain written approval of their home campus department chair.
- If a student does not register for a desired ACTC course during the normal registration period, she may not add the course until the first day of class, when she must secure the instructor's signature on the ACTC cross-registration form.
MAJORS AVAILABLE THROUGH ACTC
The following major fields of study are available to College of St. Catherine baccalaureate Day program students through a cooperating agreement with the other colleges of the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (Augsburg College, Hamline University, Macalester College and the University of St. Thomas). Students pursuing majors at another ACTC college will need to fulfill St. Catherine's requirements for the bachelor of arts degree. Consult the section on Required Proficiencies for rules that apply to majors completed at other ACTC schools.
The abbreviations to the right of the major indicate which ACTC institution offers that major. A = Augsburg, H = Hamline, M = Macalester, S = St. Thomas.
Actuary Science (S)
American Studies (M)
Anthropology (H, M)
Asian Studies (M)
Catholic Studies (S)
Computer Science (A, M)
Conflict Studies (H)
Criminal Justice (H, S)
Dramatic Arts & Dance (M)
Environmental Studies (H, M, S)
Geography (M, S)
Geology (M, S)
German (A, H, S)
German Studies (M)
Health & Human Performance (S)
Health Education (S)
International Management (H)
Justice & Peace Studies (S)
Latin American Studies (M)
Legal Studies (H, M)
Literary Studies (S)
Management (H, S)
Music Therapy (A)
Physical Ed/Health Promotion (A, H, S)
Physics (A, M, S)
Quantitative Methods (S)
Urban Studies (M)
This page was created on 06/03/2005 and last updated on 06/03/2005.
Comments, questions and feedback about this site may be addressed to email@example.com.