2001-2003 Academic Catalog
2003-2005 Academic Catalog
Policy on Student Eligibility for Study Abroad
To be eligible for study abroad, students must meet the following requirements:
It will be the decision of the director of global studies whether a student has met these criteria for acceptance into a study abroad program. If denied acceptance for study abroad, the student has the right to appeal that decision in writing to the Global Studies Advisory Committee. Decisions of that committee are final.
- Sophomore status (first-year students may take J-term programs)
- Good academic standing and at least a 2.5 GPA (many foreign universities have a higher GPA requirement)
- Good disciplinary standing, as determined by the dean of students
- Appropriate maturity, good judgment and cultural sensitivity required for a successful experience abroad
- Goals for participating in study abroad compatible with the goals and objectives of the program selected
This page was created on 06/03/2005 and last updated on 06/03/2005.
Comments, questions and feedback about this site may be addressed to email@example.com.