2005-2007 Academic Catalog
Student Eligibility for Study Abroad
To be eligible for study abroad, you must meet the following requirements:
- Sophomore status (first-year students may take J-term programs).
- Good academic standing and at least a 2.5 GPA (many foreign universities have a higher GPA requirement).
- Good disciplinary standing, as determined by the dean of students.
- Appropriate maturity, good judgment, and cultural sensitivity required for a successful experience abroad.
- Goals for participating in study abroad compatible with the goals and objectives of the program selected.
It will be the decision of the director of global studies whether you have met these criteria for acceptance into a study abroad program. If denied acceptance for study abroad, you have the right to appeal that decision in writing to the Global Studies Advisory Committee. Decisions of that committee are final.
This page was created on 04/26/2007 and last updated on 05/02/2007.
Comments, questions and feedback about this site may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.