The St. Catherine University Alumnae Council was created in 2011 and includes a broad cross section of approximately 200 alumnae who serve in an advisory capacity to the University.
The purpose of the Alumnae Council is to engage alumnae in a variety of ways that accomplish the following objectives:
- Carry out the mission, vision and goals of St. Catherine University and the Alumnae Relations Department through the work of the Council committees.
- Bring to life the spirit of the University in ways that increase alumnae engagement:
- Identify new ways, or bolster existing ones that give alumnae a strong sense of connectivity to one another or the University.
- Promote greater access to University resources, including educational opportunities, career counseling or participation in key events.
- Build networks that will equip alumnae to serve as brand ambassadors for the University.
Roles & Responsibilities
Each Council member is asked to serve either one two-year or one three-year term on the Council. In addition to this responsibility, Council members are asked to:
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the University, including helping increase engagement and positively promoting the University.
- Serve on one Council committee (list is below) and attend the September annual meeting.*
- Participate in at least one alumnae event each year, such as a lifelong learning class, chapter gathering, or affinity gathering.
- Contribute financially — as the member's means allow — to the University's annual fundraising campaign which runs from June 1 to May 31 each year.
Council committees include:
* Note: In the fall, the Council holds a day and a half meeting at which Council members convene and learn more about the University and how best to engage alumnae. Attendance at this meeting is at each member's own expense.
If interested, contact Karen Jothen at 651.690.6983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.