News, Events and Opportunities
- Piper Jaffray Women in Finance Forum. Apply by 12/13 for acceptance to 1/9 event. Designed for women interested in career opportunities in the financial services industry. Learn about career options and network with Piper Jaffray professionals. Must be a top-performing female in undergraduate or graduate school. Learn more and apply for admission.
- LinkedIn Workshops. 12/12 from 12:30-1:00pm Surveys show that over 90 percent of recruiters look for the LinkedIn profiles of job applicants. College students benefit from building their profile now. Workshop topics: setting up an account, highlighting your accomplishments and building your network. No registration required. Come to Career Development in CDC 460. .
- Upcoming Job Fairs.
- Pre-Medical Forum. 2/8/14 8:30-5:30pm Learn about applying for medical school, curriculum at med school, and hear from a panel of current med students. Register early-limited space-deadline Jan 30. Hosted by Student National Medical Association at the U of M.
- Alumni appreciate Java and Job Search workshops. See what alumni say about Career Development's workshops for alumni in a job transition. New workshop series starts on January 22.
- Successful St. Kate's Annual Career Opportunities Fair! On Thursday, October 10th, 2013 we hosted over 70 employers at the largest on-campus career event in a Minnesota private college. Hundreds of students networked for internships and jobs in all majors. See pictures and comments from participants. Students who missed the event can use the employer list to for career research and networking. See the employer list.
- Fall 2013 Hours: Get help with choosing a major, job search, resume review, interviewing skills, internships and more. Walk-in Hours are Tues-Thurs 11am-1pm. Career counseling appointments are available on both campuses. Call 651-690-8890 to schedule. Evening or phone appointments for Master's degree or E/W/O students by request.
- Part-Time Jobs Available. Login to KatieClick to find your job opportunity. Stop by the Career Development office CDC 460 to view the Household Jobs book for neighborhood positions or see neighborhood businesses that are hiring. Use the resources in the Career Development office to polish up your resume and interviewing skills.
- Java and Job Search group for alums meets weekly with a career counselor. See Resources for Alumae/i for job search information and to network with other alums.
Our Mission: The Career Development office cultivates the career development of students and alumni. Committed to service and collaboration with members of the St. Kate's community and outside constituents, staff guide clients through a process of self-discovery and affirmation. Career Development staff members work with individuals to identify and articulate the value and application of their liberal arts and professional education as related to their post graduation goals. Respecting the uniqueness of each person, staff offer a special focus and understanding of the complexities of women’s issues including the need to find balance, purpose, and meaning during times of changing responsibilities and life roles.