News, Events and Opportunities
- Upcoming Job Fairs.
- Backpack to Briefcase 2/10-2/14. Get ready for the career fairs!
- Top Ten Tips for Finding an Internship Mon 2/10 12:00-1:00 CDC 361
- How Do I Handle Real Life? Tuesday, 2/11 4:30-6:30 Manage money, Rauenhorst Seminar Room
- Being of Service to Others Wednesday, 2/12 12:00-1:00 Defer loans & earn income, CDC 361
- Resumania! Thursday, 2/13 11:00-1:00 Professional resume review. Bring printed copy. CDC 460
- LinkedIn for Students Friday, 2/14 12:00-1:00 Set up account, network with alumni. CDC 361
- Jobs & Internships available for Spring term. Log-in to KatieClick and find your new opportunity.
- Forums to Learn about Your Field
- Pre-Medical Forum. 2/8/14 8:30-5:30pm Learn about applying for medical school, curriculum at med school, and hear from a panel of current med students. Register early-limited space-deadline Jan 30. Hosted by Student National Medical Association at the U of M.
- Mock Law School Class 2/24 5:00-6:30pm CDC 355 Learn about law school from a St. Thomas University School of Law professor and attend a simulated class. Be introduced to pre-law advising at St. Kate's. RSVP to: email@example.com
- Careers in Law Forum for Pre-Law, Politics or Criminal Justice Students. 3/5/2014 12:00-3:00pm at the University of Minnesota. Learn about internships, grad school and careers in law-related fields.
- Alumni appreciate Java and Job Search workshops. See what alumni say about Career Development's workshops for alumni in a job transition. New workshop series occurring.
- J-term 2014 Hours: Get help with choosing a major, job search, resume review, interviewing skills, internships and more. Career counseling appointments are available on both campuses. Call 651-690-8890 to schedule. Hours Monday-Friday 8-4:30. Evening or phone appointments for Master's degree or E/W/O students by request.
- Quick LinkedIn Tutorials during Walk-in Hours every week. Tues-Wed-Thur 11:00-1:00pm, CDC 460. Learn to set up an account, highlight your accomplishments & network with alumni.
- Jobs & Internships Available for Spring Term. Login to KatieClick to find your job opportunity. Stop by the Career Development office CDC 460 to view the Household Jobs book for neighborhood positions or see neighborhood businesses that are hiring. Use the resources in the Career Development office to polish up your resume and interviewing skills.
- Java and Job Search group for alums meets weekly with a career counselor. See Resources for Alumae/i for job search information and to network with other alums.
Our Mission: The Career Development office cultivates the career development of students and alumni. Committed to service and collaboration with members of the St. Kate's community and outside constituents, staff guide clients through a process of self-discovery and affirmation. Career Development staff members work with individuals to identify and articulate the value and application of their liberal arts and professional education as related to their post graduation goals. Respecting the uniqueness of each person, staff offer a special focus and understanding of the complexities of women’s issues including the need to find balance, purpose, and meaning during times of changing responsibilities and life roles.