Search for Scholarships
There are thousands of scholarships, fellowships and grants available to students that are awarded by organizations other than St. Catherine University. It takes time and energy to search for and apply for scholarships, but your investment of time can be well worth it. To ensure success, you will need to:
Prepare. Search. Evaluate. Apply.
Safety information and tips
When searching for outside scholarships, please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Do not pay to apply for a scholarship or pay a scholarship search service to search for you.
- Do not give personal information such as your social security number, bank account information, or credit card numbers.
- Review the website of the company or organization offering the scholarship to make sure it is legitimate. Is there a phone number to contact the company? Do they provide information on past winners? Is the information well-written or does it contain spelling and grammar errors?
- Trust your instincts. If the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- The Federal Trade Commission, our nation’s consumer protection agency, cautions students to look for these tell-tale lines:
- "The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back."
- "You can't get this information anywhere else."
- "I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship."
- "We'll do all the work. You just pay a processing fee."
- "The scholarship will cost some money."
- "You've been selected" by a "national foundation" to receive a scholarship – or "You're a finalist" in a contest you never entered.
|Minnesota Office of Higher Education||As you search for scholarships, asking yourself the right questions will help you determine whether there is a good match between each scholarship program and your circumstances and educational goals.|
Listing maintained by St. Kate's
|St. Kate's Outside Scholarship Listing ||Search for outside scholarships available to current and prospective St. Kate's students. This listing features scholarship programs specifically recruiting St. Kate's applicants. Available scholarships can be sorted by category, name, posting date, or deadline. The listing is updated regularly, with the majority of scholarships appearing in winter and spring to be used for the upcoming school year.|
Websites to help with your search
|Fastweb||A database of more than 400,000 private sector scholarship, fellowships, grants and loans. Expanded and updated daily.|
|CollegeBoard||Locates scholarships, loans, internships, and other financial aid programs from non-college sources that match your education level, talents, and background.|
Additional opportunities to limit loan borrowing
|Student Fellowships ||Fellowships are prestigious, competitive, national awards for students who have completed or nearly completed their bachelor's degree and wish to pursue graduate or professional studies at an accredited university. Also provides resources specifically for St. Kate's students interested in fellowships.|
|St. Kate's Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP)||The Assistantship Mentoring Program is a scholarly community in which students are paid to work one on one with a faculty or staff mentor as a Teaching Assistant, Research Collaborator, or Program Development Collaborator. |
|St. Kate's Summer Scholars||The Summer Scholars program is an intensive 10-week experience during which faculty and students collaborate on projects while immersed in a culture of scholarship with other research teams. |
|KatieClick||Search hundreds of jobs and internships posted by employers for St. Kate's students and alumni.|