1. All applications must be completed online. Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds.
2. Only one certification examination grant may be awarded to an individual per calendar year. Note: If an individual is awarded a certification examination grant, they are ineligible for the Annual Conference Grant for that calendar year.
3. An email will be sent to each applicant indicating whether a grant has been approved.
4. Only the specific approved certification examination that is successfully completed AFTER a grant has been approved is eligible for grant payment.
NOTE: The SDMS Foundation will not pay for any certification examinations completed before the approval date of the grant application.
5. The applicant must submit proof of successful completion (by mail, fax, or email) of the specific certification examination listed in the award email to be eligible for grant payment.
6. Proof of successful completion of the approved certification examination must be received by the deadline listed in the grant award email, which is six (6) months from the date of the award email.
7. Within three (3) weeks of submission of proof of successful completion, a check will be mailed to the grant recipient.