Mission and Services
The Office of Global Studies provides:
- Study abroad advising
- Short-term program development and administration
- Campus visits by study abroad program representatives
- Campus discussions with faculty and students with international experience
- Pre-departure orientations
- Re-entry events
- Campus support for students studying abroad
- Study abroad resource library
In collaboration with the University's vision to "educate women to lead and influence," the Office of Global Studies provides and supports opportunities for members of the University community to encounter, learn from and appreciate new cultures, communities and environments throughout the world.
Goals for accomplishing this mission include a commitment to:
- Provide and support high quality academic experiential off-campus learning opportunities.
- Support faculty, staff and departments in the development of study abroad courses and programs as an integral part of the University curriculum.
- Advise, mentor, and support students through their off-campus program experiences, from initial inquiry to reentry.
- Support on-campus initiatives to lead the St. Kate's community toward a global perspective.
- Provide friendly, efficient and personal service with cultural sensitivity.