|Graduate Catalog StKate.edu|
Foundational Issues in Spiritual Direction
Credits: 2 cr.
This course is for students in the graduate certificate program for Spiritual Direction — with special emphasis on the ongoing discernment of a call to this ministry, you are invited to deepen your knowledge and skills by:
1. doing spiritual direction in dyads and triads
2. writing verbatim and process notes
3. examining issues that arise in the practice of spiritual direction. E.g. need for referral, boundary
violations, and gender and sexuality issues
4. experiencing supervision in a group
5. exploring spiritual direction of groups
6. fostering and maintaining the contemplative attitude as a director
THEO 6740 and be receiving spiritual direction.