Student Employment Position Types and Wages
Students work anywhere from 1-15 hours per week depending on their schedule and position. Student employees work an average of 10 hours per week. On-campus and off-campus
opportunities are available.
Typical student positions on the St. Catherine University campus include:
Other Types of Employment
Benefits to On-Campus Employment
- Dining services staff (main dining room, grill, deli, marketplace, and catering)
- Library aide
- Fitness center receptionist and lifeguard
- Residence hall receptionist
- O’Shaughnessy auditorium usher
- Computer center assistant
- Science lab assistant
- Early childhood aide
- Office/clerical assistant
- Schedules are often more flexible than off-campus employment.
- Shifts can be shorter and scheduled between classes.
- No transportation is required.
- On-campus jobs pay more than the current minimum wage.
- The College is exempt from withholding FICA and Medicare taxes from your check during the Academic Year. This means you receive 7.65% more per hour than students who work off-campus.
Student employee positions at St. Kate's receive a minimum hourly rate of $9.50/hour. Student positions that require advanced knowledge, duties, skills, or responsibilities can be paid at a higher rate using the pay rate justification process. Assessment of the job duties and correlating pay rates is determined by the Human Resources department.