Check Request Form for Reimbursement
Using a Check Request Form
If you use personal funds for supply or hospitality expenses, you can be reimbursed by filling out a Check Request Form and submitting it to ORSP (mailbox #4286 or Derham 2). ORSP will sign off on your request and submit the form to the business office. If you have elected to have the check mailed, you can expect to receive it in approximately two weeks. It is also possible to request cash, which you can pick up at the Student Accounts window.
Be sure to keep an original line-item receipt to submit with your Check Request Form (if supplies etc. were purchased online, a printed receipt is also acceptable). Grant funds cannot be used to purchase alcohol; a line-item receipt is therefore necessary in order to verify the legitimacy of the expenses.
How to fill out a Check Request Form
Sample Check Request Form
- Indicate your full name and your ID # (the latter is essential as there is often more than one person with the same name at the institution.)
- Indicate the address to which you would like the check sent (you can choose your campus mailbox)
- Include the grant Banner number (Fund, Org, Account, Project) on the request.
- Indicate the reason for disbursement - Why are you requesting reimbursement? Be sure to note the name of the grant/ program in your explanation.
- As necessary, provide further instructions as to where you would like the check sent or whether you would like to pick up the check.
- For grant expenses, you do not need "Department Approval," but you do need to submit the request to ORSP for approval.