Carol Easley Denny Awards
The Carol Easley Denny Award supports projects that contribute to excellence in teaching, research and community service.
Up to $20,000 in funds are available per year. One to four awards may be given annually, with a minimum award of $5,000. Applications are due in the fall with awarded funds available for use beginning the following fiscal year.
Deadlines: The application deadline is November 15 each year. Note: When the submission date for grant proposals falls on a weekend, the closing date will be the following Monday.
Eligibility: All St. Catherine University ranked faculty are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to faculty who have not received funding within the past two years.
Review Process: The President will award the funds to faculty member(s) upon the recommendation of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Academic Deans in order to enhance the professorial experience at the University.
Review Criteria: Requests must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- To support scholarly work in her/his discipline.
- To encourage interdisciplinary study that will revitalize her/his discipline and/or the University's curriculum.
- To enable the faculty member to complete academic studies for a terminal degree.
- To support professional scholarship with pedagogical purposes.
- To publish research results and/or other works.
- To provide sabbatical leave for pedagogical or research purposes.
Applicants will be notified by e-mail within one month after the application deadline. See the Application Guidelines
for additional information.