Shout Out St. Kate's 2012
How Katies celebrated in 2012
The inaugural Shout Out St. Kate’s Day on Feb. 29, 2012, drew participants from throughout the world and was especially successful on our increasingly vital social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Alumnae, students, faculty and staff wore Shout Out stickers from SCAN magazine — at work, on the beach and even scuba diving.
- Alumnae who are colleagues at major corporations, such as General Mills, 3M and Wells Fargo, celebrated together.
- Numerous alumnae and friends shared videos and photos of “Shout Outs” on the University’s Facebook page throughout the day.
- Alumnae chapters in Kansas City, Chicago and Orange County, Calif., organized alumnae events.
- In the Twin Cities, groups of alumnae rode the light-rail system from the Mall of America to downtown Minneapolis and shared their stories and photos.
- Congresswoman Betty McCollum ’87 offered her congratulations to St. Kate’s via video posted on her Facebook page.
- NYC alumnae Margot Note ’99, Mary Habstritt ’82, Beverly Diederich ’92, Teresa Rolling Radzinski ’86 and Development Gift Officer Amy Polski Larson ’91, MAED ’05, hit the rope line outside Rockefeller Center during the TODAY Show. It attracted attention from hosts Ann Curry and Al Roker and earned a shout out later that morning on the TODAY Show Blog »
- Students donned purple and gold gear.
- As part of Occupational Therapy Day at the Minnesota Capitol on Feb. 29, more than 50 students gathered in the Rotunda to “Shout Out” their Katie pride and pose for a photograph after meeting with their legislators to advocate for occupational therapy issues.
- More than 20 students enthusiastically participated in a Shout Out St. Kate's video contest:
- The St. Paul City Council passed a resolution proclaiming Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, “Shout Out St. Kate’s Day” »
- A group gathered to jump on the trampolines at Sky Zone trampoline park in Plymouth, Minn., and found themselves on the KARE-11 4 p.m. newscast.
- The Mall of America posted facts about St. Kate’s on digital signs.
- Local sponsors offered discounts and services on Shout Out day.
- St. Kate's Twitter created so much activity that #ShoutOutStKates earned trending status. Some highlights included:
- “Thanks to St. Kate’s, I made lifelong friends and obtained an outstanding education. Yeah!” -Rondi Persaud
- “At St. Kate’s, I learned how to think, pray and lead as a woman.” -Kelli Beard
- “Going to St. Kate’s was the best decision I ever made.” -Christina P.
There were also singing Sisters of St. Joseph, Katie lunches and coffees, uniquely composed songs and visits to Shout Out sponsors. More videos and photos »
Be loud. Be proud. Be a Katie!