How to Participate
Ideas and Inspiration
It's easy to participate in Shout Out St. Kate's Day. Below are some ideas to inspire you.
Be creative! If you have special plans for Shout Out St. Kate's Day on March 7, 2013, email email@example.com and share your plans and photos.
- Wear a Shout Out sticker (see the February 2013 issue of SCAN magazine) and show your Katie pride. Need more? Contact Alumnae Relations at 651.690.6666.
- Don your favorite St. Kate’s apparel. Need new Katie gear? Visit the bookstore online or stop by the bookstores on either campus to pick up a Shout Out St. Kate’s T-shirt for $10.
- Visit the Mall of America for Happy Hour with fellow Katies or attend the fashion show. Read more about the Mall of America Event »
- Visit a coffeehouse or restaurant with your Katie friends — and wear your Katie gear! Send us a photo.
- Seek out fellow St. Catherine graduates at your place of work and invite them to an all-Katie lunch. Make a splash as a group in your purple and gold! Don't forget to snap a photo and share it with us.
- Mention St. Kate’s in a meeting. Or tell your boss, CEO, clients, coworkers or direct reports about St. Kate’s.
- Tell your neighbors, your book club, your church group and your friends how St. Catherine University offers a transformative education. Brush up on some St. Kate’s points of pride and share those with people who may be unfamiliar with the University.
- Stop by a Shout Out sponsor wearing your stickers or Katie gear to get discounts. Thank them for sponsoring Shout Out.
- Snap a pic of yourself with your smartphone, then share it on St. Kate's Facebook wall.
- Share your story: Why did you choose St. Kate’s? When did you realize what it meant to be a Katie? How has your education transformed your life and career? What sets St. Kate’s apart? What makes a Katie special?
- Connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr and Pinterest.
- Make Facebook purple and gold! Change your profile pic for the day to a Katie-themed image.
- Write a blog post reflecting on your experience as a Katie — then share it on our Facebook wall.
- Share a photo or memory from your St. Kate’s years on your Facebook page or Twitter feed (#shoutoutstkates).
- Watch the Shout Out videos made by students last year and keep an eye out for this year's winners. Like one? Share it through your favorite social media channels.
- Shoot a video with your Katie friends and share it on our University Facebook wall.
Renew your ties
- Bookmark the St. Kate’s news site and check it often for details about what’s happening on campus.
- Check out the smartphone-friendly SCAN, the University magazine, and brush up on past issues to get current with St. Kate’s.
- Write a letter, send an email or call someone who helped you in your St. Kate’s journey. Let her or him know how being a Katie changed your life.
- Request a song on the radio and dedicate it to your favorite Katie or to the St. Kate's community.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper about what St. Kate’s means to you.
- Contact a guidance counselor in your local school district and offer to talk to any students who are interested in attending St. Kate’s.
- Order a St. Catherine University license plate and Shout Out all year long. Go to www.mvrenewal.state.mn.us and click on special plates, then scroll to Collegiate.
- Refer a student to St. Catherine University, whether to the four-year Women’s College or one of our many graduate programs.
- Alumnae can present prospective students with a referral scholarship worth $600. Read more about the Alumnae Referral Scholarship »
- Bring a potential Katie to campus for a visit. Contact the Admissions office if you’d like a special tour 651.690.8850.
For more ideas about how to Shout Out, see how Katies celebrated in 2012 »
Be loud. Be proud. Be a Katie!